What is a Blog: Blogging Basics (9 Pro Blogger Definitions)


You must have heard the term “blog” or “weblog” and you're probably thinking what it's all about… Let's make this clear, when I was in College, a lot of people talked about “blogs” and “blogging”, but I never knew exactly what it was. I had absolutely no idea…
Fortunately, I've now published and managed many different blogs, so I can truly say I know what blogging is.
A blog is very similar to a website. I would say that a blog is a diary/journal that is (mostly) maintained by one person – blogger. Usually, blogs are being updated quite often (once a day, once a week, once a month). Blogs can be private, but most of them are available on the internet for others to see.
Blogs have certain topics. My blog's topic is “blogging” and “how to start one” – I'm helping beginners to start a blog, get more visitors and much more… BUT, it can also have several other topics. Bloggers are usually passionate about a specific topic thus they'll create one.
Blog posts are the fundamental of a blog. Every blog on the internet consists of different blog posts written by the blogger. Blog posts can contain content (obviously!), videos, images, bullet-points, different headings and so on.
Blogs (and blog posts) can be shared on social networks (Twitter, FaceBook, Google+) and people can leave comments under the blog posts in order to start meaningful conversations.
Blogs can have a LOT of visitors. When your blog has enough posts and it starts to become popular, you'll start receiving traffic from other sites, social networks and even from search engines.





Definitions that are tied with a blog:-

Blog (n.) – an online journal/diary that is available on the Internet.
Blogger (n.) – an individual who is the blog owner. The person who keeps the blog alive (posting new posts, sharing the latest news, information, case studies, opinions, etc…)
Blog Post (n.) – An article or writing that is inside the blog. For example, the article you are currently reading is a “blog post” that is written for my blog.
Blog (v.) – to start a blog, to keep a blog, to find a blog – I'm going to find a blog about health and fitness.
Blogging (v.) – the action of maintaining/writing a blog – While blogging, I'm able to share information that I feel is important, helpful or interesting for others.


If you are in search of best SEO services in Dillon and want to learn more about it, then please let me know in the comment section.
 

Comments

  1. The post shared is very informative and useful.. Great!!Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. A blog is very similar to a website. I would say that a blog is a diary/journal that is maintained by a blogger. Great post!Affordable SEO services in Dillon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Usually people can leave comments under the blog posts in order to start meaningful conversations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the article. I have been meaning to start a blog for a long time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How Pinterest Can Help You Make More Money

How Web Design Has Been Transformed By Social Media

A Good Web Design Is All You Need To Begin!